There are a few things you can do to ensure your Husky appliance is running as energy efficient as possible. Just follow some simple tips:
- Do not “Overfill” or “Underfill” your cabinet – About 3/4 full is about right to ensure good airflow and the cabinet isn’t working extra hard to cool empty space when the door has been opened.
- Keep the condenser clean and debris-free – The condenser should be cleaned at least every 3 months. This ensures there is clear airflow to the compressor which is the heart of the appliance. It just needs vacuuming with a soft brush but this can make the difference between an efficiently running appliance or an overworked compressor which could fail and land you with hefty repair costs.
- Keep it cool – Like any electrical device, fridges and freezers work best if they are kept in an environment below 25°C (60% Humidity). Ensure the vents are not obstructed and the appliance is not positioned near a heat source (like a radiator) or in direct sunlight.
- Close the door – Sounds obvious, but the longer the door is opened for the harder the appliance has to work to bring the temperature down. Try to minimise the frequency and duration the door is left open when you can.
- Ensure to set the correct temp – The set temperature on your Husky appliance can be changed to suit the products being stored. Setting the temperature lower than required will use more energy than necessary so definitely worth checking. See your User Manual on how to change the Set Temperature.
Following these tips will help ensure a long working life to your Husky appliance and that it is running as cost effective as possible.
Is your condenser dirty or blocked? Switch the chiller/freezer off and see your user manual to locate the condenser. Clean it gently with a soft brush or Hoover attachment. Once clean, turn the unit on and give it up to half a day to return to the correct temperature. If after this time the chiller/freezer is still warm, See your User Manual on how to change the Set Temperature
Firstly check there are no obstructions or foreign objects in the door frame or hinges. You can also just check the the door seal (rubber gasket) has not come loose or is split. If loose it can be pushed back in place. If damaged a replacement can be ordered from our partners at Parts Town.
Still not closing properly? The appliance may not be level. Use a spirit level and adjust using the feet at the base of the unit. If the unit has sliding doors, check that the door runs at the top and bottom of the door frame are clear of dirt build-up or obstructions and spray with a water repellent lubricant (we recommend WD40).
As there are many different thermostat controls available on Husky units, first identify which cabinet you own. You can then check our support videos on how to adjust the temperature on Bar Fridges, Ice Cream Freezers and PRO Fridges and Freezers. The videos can be viewed in the videos and case studies tab for each product on our website.
If you’re looking for detailed instructions on PRO Fridges and Freezers, we’ve got you covered with our “HOW TO VIDEOS” tab on the Product Pages of our website.
Please refer to the PRO Fridges and Freezers video and case studies tab, where step by step instructions are shown on our website. The condenser MUST be cleaned quarterly to ensure the cabinet is running properly.
If the thermostat is set too low, it can cause excess ice and water to develop, generally a -18°C to -20°C temperature setting is sufficient to store the contents of your freezer. Check that the thermostat is set correctly. See your User Manual on how to change the Set Temperature.
Ensure that your unit is plugged directly into the mains and not connected through a mains extension cable. Using an extension cable can cause the contactor to fail in your chiller/freezer.
None of the components or materials in your chiller/freezer will cause a bad odour. Check for spillage of the product(s) stored in the chiller/freezer e.g. milk and clean thoroughly.
The interior lights in your appliance are LED and should last for 1000s of hours. However, nothing lasts forever and from time to time they may need to be replaced. First just check that the interior light hasn’t been turned off via the control panel (Check your User Manual on how to turn the interior light on/off).
Still not working? next check that the LED Light is still seated and secure in its holder. No electrician is required, it is as easy as changing a bulb! – depending on your appliance, you may just need a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws which hold the protective cover in place.
Still no joy? You may need to replace it. The LED lights are classed as a consumable item so not covered under the warranty. You can contact our Spares Partner, Parts Town on 01543 577778 or visit their website to purchase a replacement.
This is due to the overloading of shelves; therefore you will need to reduce the number of products stored on the shelf and/or evenly distribute the weight of products stored on the shelf.
If you are still within your warranty period, please call us on 01455 555340 or email [email protected] with your serial number and model type to hand. This can be found on the rating plate on your fridge or freezer.
If your product is out of warranty, we suggest that you contact a local commercial refrigeration engineer.
Here to help
At Husky, we believe in providing comprehensive support to our customers. Whether you need technical assistance or spare parts, we are here to ensure that your experience with our products is smooth and hassle-free. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us whenever you need further help or advice – we’re always happy to assist you.
If you’re facing any issues with your Husky product or require assistance, simply give us a call at 01455 555340 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, and we will be delighted to assist you. You can also reach us via email at [email protected], or connect with us through LiveChat during office hours. We’re committed to providing prompt and helpful technical support to ensure your satisfaction.
For spare parts, we have partnered with Parts Town UK Ltd, our trusted service partner. They can assist you in purchasing the necessary spare parts for your Husky product. You can contact them via email at [email protected] or by phone at 01543 577778.
Or visit their website: https://www.partstown.co.uk/manufacturers/husky
(Please ensure you have your model and serial number to hand)
Parts Town UK Ltd Office opening hours:
Open Mon – Fri 8.30am to 5.30pm, Sat 8.30am to 12.30pm